Friday, December 30, 2011

My Prayer For The New Year

As we are only steps away from the New Year, I wanted to take just a moment to share my prayer for you, for all of us really, for the coming year.  
It seems it is sometimes easier for us to love the ungodly than it is for us to love our own brothers and sisters in Christ.  And so, I pray that God will give us all a heart full of love, and grace, and great mercy for one another.  
I pray that our love for the lost will grow stronger with each passing day.  I pray that we will begin to see through the eyes of Christ, listen with our hearts, and speak with words tendered by love. 
I pray that husbands will begin to love their wives as Christ loves the church.  I pray that they will take the role of Priest in their home seriously.  I pray that the hearts of fathers will be turned toward their children and that they will teach their sons, by their own example, what it means to be “a man after God’s own heart”.
I pray that wives will begin to walk beside their husbands instead of in front of them, allowing their husbands to fulfill the role that God has given them as the head of the household.  I pray that mothers will become more nurturing and that their daughters will learn from them what it is to be a godly wife and mother.
I pray that children will learn to respect the authority God has placed over them in the home, in their schools, and in their community.  I pray that they will enjoy just being children while they can.  I pray that they will develop a hunger and a thirst for God that is insatiable. 
I pray that the church will become what God intended it to be.
I pray that leaders will bow their knee before God now so that our country might be saved.
One of my favorite scriptures is found in Isaiah 43:15-19, “I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King…Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.  It is nothing compared to what I am going to do.  For I am about to do a brand-new thing.  See, I have already begun!  Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers for them in the dry wasteland.”
I know I have shared this with you before and I’m sure I will be sharing it again because I believe God wants to do “new things” in us every day.  This scripture has been on my heart all week, I guess because I have friends who have been wandering around in the wilderness for most of the year.  I want you to see that your Heavenly Father has already begun to make a pathway for you and to create rivers and springs of fresh water to quench your thirst.  Nothing God has done for you in the past can compare to what He is about to do.  Hold on to this promise.
May God bless you and your family in the coming New Year and may you grow closer to Him than ever before.

Amen.

10 comments:

  1. All I can say is..Wow! You always seem to put things in perspective and look at them through God's eyes! I truly felt that when I was reading this, it was God who was speaking and not you! You are still such an inspiration to so many and you truly have a gift! You have the ability to share God's word and his plan with so many who just don't understand. Thanks for posting this and for writing God's vision for all of us in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, what a wonderful post. Blessings from the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. May all these things come true in so many lives in 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Karen; your words truly bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, wow! Welcome! Thanks so very much for visiting. I hope you will come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your beautiful prayer, Pat...such a blessing! Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2012...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful prayer from your heart. I share your heart, especially about our country as a whole. "Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord." The implication of that verse in reverse is a nation that is cursed if it is not honoring the God of provision and protection.

    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words of wisdom over this last year, I pray that God would continue to use you in wonderful ways this next year. I also pray for your family and a blessing them.

    Happy New Year Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Floyd!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete